After An Accident & Injury,you just want your life back. We're Ready To Help You! Serving Clients ThroughoutArizona, California, Florida and Texas

How To Find Crash Reports In Broward County, FL & Fort Lauderdale

Latest News

If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident in any of the Broward County areas, including Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Coral Springs, Dania Beach, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Hollywood, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, Lauderhill, Lazy Lake, Lighthouse Point, Margate, Miramar, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Parkland, Pembroke Park, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Sea Ranch Lakes, Southwest Ranches, Sunrise, Tamarac, West Park, Weston, and Wilton Manors, one of the first things you should do is get your crash report. The crash report provides valuable details and will help you while you are filing your claim with the insurance company.


You can download your Broward County crash report online for $12 here.

You can also use Broward County Sheriff’s Department public records request portal here. You’ll need to create an account first.


You can request your Broward County crash report in person, as well.

The reports that are taken by Broward County Deputies take several days to be processed through the Records Division. Broward County Sheriff’s Department states that you should allow 5 business days before submitting your request to ensure your report is ready.

Make your request at the public records window which is open Monday-Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The window will be closed Friday through Sunday. Your request must include:

  • the case number (if available)
  • date, time and location of the event or accident
  • the name(s) of the person(s) involved.

If this request is within 60 days of the accident you will need to complete a Request for Traffic Crash Report Information Form. Mail the completed signed and notarized form with your letter of request to the address below. After 60 days, the form is not necessary and anyone may obtain a copy of the report.


You can also mail your request to Broward County Sheriff’s Department.

You’ll need:

  • the case number (if available)
  • date, time and location of the event or accident
  • the name(s) of the person(s) involved

You will also need the Request for Traffic Crash Report Information Form if the accident happens within 60 days. Send your request with the form to:

Broward Sheriff’s Office – Public Records Unit

P.O. Box 9507

Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33310

After You Get Your Report, Get Help

Call a Broward County car accident lawyer to discuss your case. Time is of the essence in any personal injury case.

Related Articles

Who Pays For Medical Bills After An Accident?

Read More

How Long Does It Take to Stop a Moving Vehicle?

Read More

How Is Fault Determined In A Multi-vehicle Accident?

Read More